Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Vegetable Garden

It's time for starting a garden in Florida! I do not have a green thumb, but I do hope Grandpa Coop's luck will rub off on me. I have been taking a organic gardening class and have started growing some things in containers, to later transfer to the garden. Dustin and Helen have agreed to let me start one in their yard as they have much better sunlight and workable yard. I'm very weary about what, if anything, will produce. But... I will try. I've started some herbs, lettuce (romaine, red crisp and green crisp), Beans (dragons tongue for Noah and snap beans) I do have an avocado tree started (yippee!) but will keep that in a container. Please pray some yummy, nourishing food will grow for us. I also get to keep what grows from the class so I am sure to get something! Some green beans for Thanksgiving! I'm LOVING it, so I decided to post about it. God is good and I am doing my best to be a good steward. (ha!) I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome to our blog...a little about us, we love our family, the beach, and above all, the Lord. We try to spend as much time together as we can.. Hopefully this blog will capture some of our fun were having and make those who are far away feel a bit closer!

FEBRUARY 2010